When you get a PR visa or permanent residency for Australia it lets you work as well as settle in Australia for about five years. You can then go on to get a status as a citizen after you have worked for a period of three years. As your immigration consultant will tell you, the PR visa for Australia lets you move along with your family as well.
To understand the requirements for getting an Australia PR, let us look at the eligibility criteria:
The factors that are looked into for getting an Australia PR, include:
- Age- You need to be under the age of 45 years.
- Qualification– You need to have a qualification degree that has been accredited globally and is valid in Australia.
- Language Proficiency– Proficiency in English as the language is what is generally look for, and also you need to have cleared the International English Language Testing System or IELTS and need to have a score of 6 bands minimum.
- Visa Category– You need to select the appropriate program from the various kinds of Australian PR visa that available, this means that your skillset needs to match the skill set which has been highly rated presently in Australia.
- Job Experience- You need to have had considerable experience in a profession that has been listed in one of the occupation lists like MLTSSL, STSOL or ROL
- Medical status- You need to declare and ensure that you are physically and mentally fit.
- Point Test- You need to have scored at least 65 points in the point-based selection system that Australia currently follows.
Let us next take a look at the step-by-step process that you will follow to get an Australian PR:
- First of all, you will need to check eligibility and make sure that you have scored at least 65 points.
- Next, take a look at the right skills that are assessing body for the first step for the application for an Australian PR
- Once your assessment has been successful regarding making sure that your education and work experience are relevant, you can go ahead and then apply for the pool system known as skill select.
- Depending upon your score you will then end up receiving an invitation to apply for the last stage that is known.
- You can apply with DIBP for the last stage of the process and you need to do it within 60 days of having received the invitation to apply
Once you have submitted your medicals and your PCC the next and the final step would be the approval of your visa.
Let’s finally take a look at some of the documents that are needed for citizens to be able to migrate to Australia:
- Educational certificates
- English language proficiency
- Work experience certificates (if applicable)
- Travel documents (passports, permission to migrate from relevant authorities)
- Medical and police verification certificates
- Proof of settlement funds (bonds, bank accounts, cash, shares etc.)
Now that you have an idea about what are the requirements for an Australian PR, all you need to do is get in touch with your immigration consultants in Dubai as they are the best people to guide you through this process in the most hassle-free manner.