If you are thinking of applying for an Australian visa, then it is imperative that you know about all the requirements for processes and if there are any rule changes applicable in 2020. On a basic note, Australia, has a very simple and straightforward point based system for immigration and allocation of PR to skilled and talented workers from overseas. Having said that, however, over the last few months, the government of Australia has brought about a few vital changes in the Visa rules and processes requirements, that will be applicable throughout the year.
So here is looking at some of the changes that the Australian skill migration rules has brought in, for 2020:
You will be looking at the following changes in Australia’s immigration point calculator:
- 10 points for having a skilled spouse or de facto partner
- 15 points for applicants that have been nominated by the state or territory government or are being sponsored by a family member that is residing in regional Australia.
- 10 points for having certain STEM that is science, technology, engineering and mathematics qualifications.
- 10 points for applicants who do not have a spouse or de facto partner
- 5 Points for applicants who have a spouse or a de facto partner who is competent in English
Some of the other important immigration rule changes in Australia for 2020 are as follows:
Schedule 1 Changes:
A new skilled work regional provisional visa Subclass 491 has been introduced that has the following features:
- Introduction of new Skilled Work Regional (provisional) Visa (Subclass 491) is a new and enhanced point tested Visa, that is going to benefit regional parts of Australia, for candidates who have been nominated by the state or territory government agency or are being sponsored by an eligible family member who is living in a designated regional area.
Schedule 2 Changes:
- Introduction of subclass 494 (Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 494), is a new and improved employer-sponsored Visa that is going to benefit Australia with two key streams: employer-sponsored and labour agreement.
- Bringing in employers that are seeking to employ foreign workers on a Subclass 494 visa under the sponsorship regime for employers in the Migration Act (Division 3A of Part 2 of the Migration Act).
- Removal of the Subclass 187 (Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme) visa, except for certain transitional cohorts. Subclass 187 has been removed and is now replaced by Subclass 494 visa.
Schedule 3 Changes:
- Introduction of a new PR visa Subclass 191 (Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional)) visa (Subclass 191)
- This new subclass 191 means that it can only be applied for holders of the new Subclass 491 and Subclass 494 visa
To know more about how these PR visa changes impact your chances of migrating to Australia, reach out to your australia immigration consultants in dubai and they will make sure that you have clarity regarding your immigration to Australia under these new changes and improving your chances of a PR.